The current view that AI is an all-changing, end-of-world event and something to be feared…
KloudPBX 3.0 is coming!
Posted on 21st August 2018 under News.
DataKom’s cloud-based phone system, KloudPBX will be upgraded to version 3.0 on Sunday 26th August.
The update brings many developments including:
- Music on hold– now more flexible, allowing separate on hold music per site basis instead of one music on hold for the entire company
- Extension number change – without the need to delete and recreate the user
- Call recording group – provides access to specific user recordings from the portal
- Recurring call recording – means calls no longer stop when the mailbox is full, the newest calls will overwrite the oldest calls
- Local media processing – ensures that ‘on-site’ calls are peer-to-peer to reduce bandwidth requirements
- UCE with/without voice – now available on the same user
- Security database encryption – upgrade of security to keep your data and call recordings secure
- KloudPBX audio conference bridge – conference calling platform with scheduling to book conference rooms to collaborate with colleagues and clients
When is the update happening?
28th August 2018. 05:00 – 07:00 GMT.
What will this involve?
DataKom will complete planned maintenance work to the KloudPBX system and upgrade the platform to the latest version of the software. This upgrade will provide improved features and increased capacities.
Will this affect my business?
Due to the nature of this work, you may experience some disruption between 5 am – 7 am on the 26th of August.
There is a potential for reduced functionality (access to historical logs, call recordings, voicemails etc) between 09:00 and 11:00 on the 26th of August whilst the data migration is verified.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Do I need to do anything?
As part of the update, a GDPR upgrade will be applied to the UCE server.
It is important that all customers who use UCE applications on desktop and mobiles are upgraded to the latest version before the upgrade takes place.
These guides will assist on how to upgrade your iOS, Android and Windows UCE clients to the latest versions:
- UCE for iOS upgrade guide can be found here
- UCE for Android upgrade guide can be found here
- UCE for Windows upgrade guide can be found here
If you have any queries regarding the above maintenance, please contact the Service Desk at DataKom on 01656 334455 Option 2.