Date published 05/10/2017 Written by Jay Ball
Jay's October blog
What a month it has been!
We had a new operations manager Jenny join the team, a major office refurbishment and the opening of a 3rd office in Bristol. It’s great to see the company continue to grow, and the whole team step up to the next level.
We always have excellent customer service in mind and all these changes are to help improve the services we deliver.
We worked with Office Visions to create a modern open plan office, and we’re grateful for support from Bridgend Council too in funding the project. We felt the original office felt quite separated by department and communication could be difficult.
There has always been the vision to be open and collaborative at DataKom, it’s a core part of our values. But the office didn’t help us, it was broken up into small rooms which made communication more difficult. The new office is very open, divided into different departments with some partition walls. Everyone still has their own workspace but at the same time can see each other and can communicate easily.
We aim to stay at the forefront of innovative communication, and the modern work space is part of that - reflecting the future of DataKom.
Why open another office in Bristol?
We’ve always successfully delivered our services from Aberystwyth to Bristol and the surrounding areas from our 2 current offices (Bridgend and Aberystwyth). Well, we felt to do justice to the work we do, and to reduce mileage, it made sense to think about a strategically placed office.
It means that with a growing customer base our team in Pencoed are more focused on their area, and new and existing customers in the Bristol area get better service too. It’s something that future proofs our growth, allowing us to maintain the same high standards into the future.
High 5 Offer
2017 has been the year of the cloud, with all the benefits that cloud based systems offer. Our KloudPBX product assists with mobility, improves remote working, day to day operations and offers cost savings.
Here are my five favourite features:
- Voicemail to email - stay on top of missed calls and receive a voicemail as an attachment to a chosen email address
- Auto attendant – an automated answering function to handle incoming calls as well as out of hours call forwarding. This enables a business to efficiently route calls, log missed calls and remove the need for a dedicated receptionist.
- Skype for Business integration - This add-on app enhances the popular Skype for Business, and compliments the KloudPBX platform with better phone-PC integration.
- Local redundancy - Your own local on-premise based phone system as a back-up in the event of lost internet connection
- Remote working –KloudPBX supports those who regularly work away from the office with the right tools to stay connected
If you’re a Kloud customer I would love to know what features have helped your business